Monday, March 17, 2008

Countertops

"The New Look"
Yeah!! After only 5 years, we are getting new countertops today!! Lest you think of me waxing my new granite by tonight, I should inform you its only new laminate tops. We are putting the house up for sale, and I didn't want to drop the change to install nicer ones. Maybe in the new house!! Originally, we were going to install new counters when we first moved in. The others were already outdated and ugly and the house was only 4 years old then! Why did it take us 5 years?? Have you ever been in the midst of a chaotic environment and found that you were sort of motionless due to just not knowing where to start? Life here at the Rountrees is sometimes crazy, always messy, but never boring! It is often hard to know which way is up! We have become busier as the kids have gotten older with all of the activities. I literally have to carry my calender with me from room to room daily just so I won't forget what is next. Without a list, I am toast! (And, I do not have alzehimers no matter what the kids say!). There are just too many details. Originally, the countertops were a priority, but the soon got pushed down the list by life. Clyde and I talk often about the goals we have for our family and for us individually. Those conversations have steered us toward homeschooling, the Journey and Clyde's owning his own business. Each of those areas require goals, lists and choices. Sometimes, what may seem like a priority at the time, will need to be delayed due to more presssing concerns. Sometimes, the lack of goals will cause us to never get anything done! Just like the counter-tops! It is all a matter of lists and priorities and tackling those goals one at a time.

No comments: