Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Up and at it!

This morning we are back on a schedule after a 6 weeks hiatus where we moved our house , garage, 2 storage units and an office to our new home. Whew! We are ALMOST finished!

This morning from my office window, I see no other homes or buildings, just beautiful fall leaves and a gorgeous hard maple in the throngs of its fall color: gorgeous, bright, golden yellow. The cats are up of course and all over the place. I am thankful, but feeling overwhelmed. We have a lot of changes taking place right now in our home. Not just the move, but choices we are making regarding ministry. It is a hard place to be right now.

Years ago, while still in college, I changed my focus from pre-law to Education to accommodate what I thought would be potential seminary training after college. Instead, I went right into ministry, placing myself in Tahoe as a youth minister after being sent there in college as a summer missionary. I loved Tahoe. I loved ministering to the kids there. It was there I met Clyde and we married. After discovering we were expecting after only three months into marriage, I knew my future in ministry would be different than I had thought. From that point my life became a balance of marriage, motherhood, and ministry. Ministry outside of my family became last.

It is still this way today. I have been a youth minister, a women's ministry leader (even serving as the president of the Wives Fellowship, Metochai, in seminary....a group of over 250 women). I have taught bible studies, led 301 and Imprints classes where we discovery our giftedness, personality and Strengths.....even led children's church. I have been a volunteer for Compassion International. In the last three years, I have helped get 35 kids sponsored through Sunday adoption programs. Yet through all of this, I find myself currently with no ministry, no group to share with, no impact. It is disheartening. It is a sad place to be. Funny how others choices affect everything around you. I guess it is that way with all of us, with my choices as well. Here's hoping that my choices today and yours, will leave others for the better. Amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Christine - can't wait to see your new home - sounds lovely - ministry is a funny thing and I know you already know this ..... it's right in front of our eyes and we miss it! May the Lord grant you peace, wisdom, vision and strength to become Who He longs for you to be and to rest in His Grace, Love and Joy ... blessings, prayers and love to you and the family!! The Banks Family