Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Oh, The Hats I Wear!!

Today is Tuesday. Clyde and Slater left for Cub Scout Camp yesterday. Within hours of arriving they were rained on. Sort of a "baptismal" to camp life! They are spending their nights in tents that look very much like "army guy camp" as Grant Justice put it. The rest of us are humming along. As I look at my to do list, I am overwhelmed as usual with all there is to do. I have a few hours of cleaning to do, several loads of laundry, 4 hours of schoolwork and three tests to get in the mail to send to Calvert. I have to work on my Orphans and Widows table and get it ready for this next months emphasis and then spend about an hour contacting my hostesses for July that are having jewelry shows. Sometime in there we must eat, exercise and get baths. Aagh! I need a clone of me....or two or three. Fortunately, I have my two helpers: Hannah and Weston. They are "licensed To kill" in the way of house cleaning!!(Dirt and Germs that is!!) Weston's wife will be very grateful!! They are well trained, BUT I will say, they sometimes struggle with motivation.......I have to remember they are only 12 and 13, and would much rather sleep OR sing in front of the mirror to a Jonas Brothers song (Hannah that is....). Hee...hee! Speaking of the kids, I am very proud of them. On the 4th, we spent the evening helping at our churches booth at a local 4th of July festival. All of my kids were in the booth making snowcones. They had a blast!! John Griffin (our churches administrator), gave them a glowing acknowledgement during the church services Sunday. That was very sweet. All in all, the church sold 350 snowcones. Not bad. By the way, continue to keep my Dad in prayer. He is doing some better. The major problem right now is getting him to eat. Four or five bites fills him up, and the medicine he is on has really messed up his taste buds. Everything tastes bad to him. Please lift him up as you feel led.

No comments: