Friday, May 2, 2008

True love

How many times have you been in love?? I thought I was in love a couple of times (is that a song?) but I can say I did not know true love until I became a parent. There is something so pure about the love for a child. After reading the book, The Shack, I can say that I see God's love for me in ways I never thought of before. God, or Papa, as he is called, loves all of us with a love that sees through the prism of all that we are: our DNA, our genetics, our experiences, our habits, our education, our families, the list goes on and on. Jesus gave up not only his physical life on the cross, but limited himself on purpose, much like we would if we sat down to play with a child. We don't talk to that child as an adult and tell him all we know. We come to him using the terms of a child. Jesus still allows God to work through him as he is still fully human. Imagine, the word becoming flesh and limiting himself to the same power of God that we are capable of having! Please read this book. It is life-changing material.

No comments: