Thursday, April 10, 2008

Future Hooters Girl


Yep.....I saw this sign today: FUTURE HOOTERS GIRL. Guess where it was? No, not a bumper sticker. Not on a ball cap...but on the shirt of a three year old girl. Talk about your lofty life goals. Not that I am judging her parents harshly......maybe to them that would be life's crowning acheivement. I felt sorry for them actually. I wondered about them as we both walked about the park with our kids. What have been their lives experiences? What did they view as successful? What made them happy? There are so many people who need Jesus, they just don't know it. They look for pleasure instead of service, they try to get, not give, they don't know the sensation of giving yourself away to the high glory of God. I will pray for them today.....I don't know their names...but I can pray that their daughter with the long blond hair and blue eyes does not end up thinking that the attention she gets at Hooters is worth shooting for.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so right! Thank you for reminding me to pray for those situations rather than judge. I just found out about your site from Vanessa. I will be checking back. Love in Christ, Beth