Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I did it MY way

We are in the middle of moving. Can I get any sympathy?? Anyway, it has been on ongoing process for the past 12 days. Are we close to being done? Hardly!! I am weeding through clothes, toys and misc. pieces of whatever that I have been hanging onto for the last 5 years, or AKA, the last move. Moving just stinks. Well, we are making the best of it in the process. Today, we moved most of the school room. The hundreds of books, and boxes of supplies made it along with the bookshelves and school table. We are so glad to have the extra room, but I am afriad of filling it up!! Tonight, I got a great lesson in life and faith from my little 3 year old. It seems for the past 12 days, that this adventure we are on has been just one big opportunity for him to get into everything. Everything we have drug out to move has been a target for his little hands. Tonight I was working hard to get the books in the school room organized again. He kept taking them out of their respective piles to look at. Then, we had the chairs stacked up and he was unstacking them to use them. On and on it has gone, us with our agendas and plans and him with his. He just wasn't working with the system!! I thought about that tonight has I told him again, that he can't have his own agenda here, we are in a mode of operation he does not understand. I laughed as I thought about the Lord looking at me smiling. How many times have I had my own agenda, and operated against the Lord's plan? All of us at times, working on what we thought was important, were actually disturbing the plans of the Lord. That's how it is when we operate on our own, apart from his leading. We just get mess it all up. Something to think about. Do we want to be like toddlers, or mature believers?

2 comments:

Erik Reed said...

Great post Christine...I've missed your posts on here. Btw, I can't believe you someone towed...that is hysterical...that is, if your not the one being towed. :-) I love the house, you guys did well.

John G said...

Good thoughts Christine!